On this site I aim to provide a comprehensive guide for you and any prospective student looking to advance to a new job and qualification or certification in healthcare or related nursing subject. You have access to all of our resources including student guides, scholarships, and career guides for healthcare professionals.
I’ve also written a series of guides to help you find the right school and program so it’s easy and quick to request a free information pack about any course, program or school.
This is a free source of information and guides that explain how to find the right school, how much the course will cost, how long it takes, if it’s worth getting a qualification and how to apply for financial assistance. Once you’ve got your finances in place, we help apply for the course of your choice and, to help you find the right school and program including specialist healthcare professions such as phlebotomist, ulatrasound technician and medical billing assistant: we cover them all and explain the benefits of selecting one option over another.
I’ve includes plenty of information on this site to help you choose the best, cheapest or nearest accredited school for your course.
We also include a range of guides and articles that help you understand what type of financial aid is available and how to apply for it as well as the salary you can expect for different career paths. Lastly, we’ve put together a list of recommended website resources.
To learn more about the many jobs available, start by looking for the right qualification at a school or college near you or study online via a distance learning course. Take a look through our selection of accredited schools offering courses in the healthcare subject area that really interest you.
If you’re looking for inspiration for your future career as a healthcare professional, take a look at our jobs section that lists some of the latest jobs available for professionals.
Good luck with your studies and future career plans and please get in touch with any suggestions or ideas!
Featured universities offering online programs
School Information by State
|Nebraska||Nevada||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|New York||North Carolina||North Dakota||Ohio||Oklahoma|
|Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota|
Jobs: A career in healthcare
If you plan to make a career in healthcare, then a great first step is to study for a qualification or certification in a subject such as phlebotomy or medical billing. We have included a range of articles that explain some of the career options that are available, along with typical salaries.
The school you choose is a very important part that helps you get in to the job market: take a look at the school’s job placement record; does the school have links with commercial healthcare centers who might recruit ? What percentage of students get jobs after they receive their qualification ? Does the school offer placement assistance or career counselling?
Whichever route you choose and the goal you want to achieve – if it is healthcare, medical research, working with patients or assisting a doctor – I hope that you find this site useful and the guides are relevant to your needs and it helps you get a step closer to achieving your goal.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Practical Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- BS - Nursing
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Healthcare Management - HSA Mgt.
- Medical Billing Specialist
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Doctor of Health Science
- Master of Science in Nursing
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- And more...